💋 | via Tumblr on We Heart It.
In light of my desire to have my whole head braided with extensions and my being white, I decided to try and do some research on more modern ways in which women of color are oppressed by means of their hairstyling choices! I found this interesting blog post talking about ways in which our own military is singling out natural hairstyling in the WoC community! Nice article to give a quick read especially since this form of oppression is often more overlooked or dismissed! Just thought it would be nice to share!!
Closed eyes | photo cred: @peakedinterests
my only regret is the time i wasted on heterosexuality
THERE IT IS AGAIN! THERE IT FUCKING IS! i’VE BEEN TALKING ABOUT THIS PHOTO FOR YEARS AND NEVER COULD FIND IT!! THE LAN PARTY WITH THE GUY DUCT-TAPED TO THE CEILING!! BACK IN ANCIENT TIMES WHEN PEOPLE STILL USED CATHODE MONITORS AND WHEN COUNTERSTRIKE WAS THE NEW THING. THIS SHIT IS REAL. THIS IS REAL SHIT. SHIT THAT HAPPENED.
I need to have as much wild sex as possible so one day I can become an inappropriate old lady that blurts out things like “when I was your age I got a concussion after being bent over a desk” and then my family can be like “grandma please, you’re making easter dinner really uncomfortable” and it’ll be great
Def doesn’t look like the picture on the box…
I THOUGHT SOMEONE JIZZED INTO THAT WAFFLE
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson